Skip to content
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 1/4 cup vegetable stock or water
- Add the oil to a medium pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, carrots and celery
- Add the garlic and parsley while stirring. Cook for additional minute or so.
- Add the lentils, broth and bay leaf while stirring.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Cook according to the lentils’ package directions. Whole green lentils typically take 45 minutes.
- Taste to make sure the lentils are tender and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Let cool slightly, serve warm.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection